POLICY, CATEGORIES, CRITERIA AND PROCEDURES
The admission policy will reflect the ethos and philosophy of the Springdales Schools run by the Springdales Education Society.
The schools are inter-generational, and promote inclusivity, integration and heterogeneity in their student community.
They impart a wholesome education, which develops in springdalians good citizenship, social responsibility and multi-faceted talent. The school motto “vasudhaiva kutumbakam – the world is a family” permeates the entire curriculum and elucidates its commitment to an integrated and secular India and a peaceful and a socially just world.
The management, staff, alumni and parents share a collective vision and mutual purpose in education so that the students may fruitfully contribute to the wider society and address the realities and concerns of our country and of the world.
Springdales has a clear diversity policy in place, which is reflective of the constitutional goals of our nation.
We believe in the intrinsic right of every child to receive good quality education
THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES ARE IN CONSONANCE WITH THE SCHOOL POLICY AND GUIDELINES OF THE RTE ACT.
FOR ADMISSION TO THE 136 SEATS IN THE ENTRY CLASS FOR DHAULA KUAN (2021-22)
|1. EWS / DG/CWSN CATEGORY
|FOR THE REMAINING 75% THE CATEGORIES WILL BE :
|2. GENERAL CATEGORY
|3. STAFF CHILDREN’S CATEGORY
|4. MANAGEMENT QUOTA
1. EWS / DG/ CwSN CATEGORY :
- The admission under the EWS / DG / CwSN for 25% of the total seats will be done by directorate of education. (Directorate of education to send the list of selected candidates.)
- No application for cwsn will be accepted by hand / post/ e-mail or any other means.
- Springdales Schools are not special schools but follow a policy of ‘Integration’.
2. GENERAL CATEGORY :
- For this category there will be 68 seats available which will be 50% of the total seats for this class.
- The criteria for selection of these children will be in accordance with the guidelines given. i.e. there will be no interviewing or screening of children or their parents. The whole process will be fair and rational, non-discriminatory, transparent and child-friendly. Admission will be based on the information given and will have to be backed by authentic proofs with documents attached to the form when submitted. Information regarding parents’ professions and educational qualifications will not form a part of the admission criteria, it will be used only for school data processing.
- Admission for the general category of seats will be based on the following criteria as per policy for which points will be given to ensure a rational and fair result. If there is a tie in the points for the last seats to be allotted- there will be random selection in the form of a draw of lots to finalise these seats.
- The list of selected and non-selected candidates will be placed on the school website showing the points secured.
3. STAFF CATEGORY
- All confirmed and permanent members of staff will be considered for the admission of their children. Grand children of staff members who have attained superannuation in Springdales will be admitted to a maximum of 5% seats under staff category.
- These candidates must apply through the online registration form but no points are required for this category. If the applications exceed the number of seats allotted there will be a draw of lots. Grandchildren of retired staff will be considered as fee-paying students.
- As per the circular of directorate of education dated: 26-11-2018 sl. no.6 of admission criteria: “The ward of staff / employees of any school concerned can have a right for admission to that school but extending the same benefits to the sister concern of that particular school will curtail the right of general parent’s wards” – as per the clause quoted – confirmed and permanent staff members with children / grand children can only apply in the branch of the school where they have served / are serving. The application will be rejected if applied for in any other branch.
- Any staff seats un-availed at the time of closure of admission will be transferred to general category.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
1) RESIDENCE CRITERIA (39 POINTS) :
(a) Those applicants who live in areas which are specified in the registration form will get 39 points.
(b) Those applicants not living in areas mentioned in the form will get 29 points.
2) SIBLING CRITERIA (35 POINTS) :
(a) there will be no points given in the sibling criteria if the older sibling is in springdales school, pusa road / springdales school, kirti nagar or is a cousin of the child seeking admission.
(b) irrespective of the branch of the first child , no inter unit transfer will be allowed at any stage.
- The school considers this to be a very important factor for admission as it becomes very problematic for parents to have children in different schools. Existing parents also have a bonding with the school which they chose for their first child because of its special features. Even then, it will not be possible to accommodate all.
3) ALUMNI CRITERIA (26 POINTS)
- The schools are three-generational and have a large 60 year-old alumni association with 5000 life members deeply attached to their alma mater and who have great aspirations for their children’s education at Springdales.
(a) former students who have been in school for 11 years and above, will get 26 points (kindly attach copy of character certificate)
(b) former students who have been in school for 5 years upto 10 years, will get 16 points (kindly attach a copy of your mark-sheet of std. x and school leaving certificate)
(c) former students who have been in school for less than 5 years and have become members of the Old Springdalians Association, will get 11 points (kindly attach copy of character certificate and osa membership card)
ADMISSION PROCEDURE & SCHEDULE FOR ALL CATEGORIES:
FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY FROM FRIDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY, 2021, 8.30 AM ONWARDS ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS:
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
NOTE: AS PER THE CIRCULAR NO.F.DE15(172)/PSB/2016/654-664 DATED: 09.02.2021 THE UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION IN PRE-SCHOOL CLASS WILL BE LESS THAN 4 YEARS AS ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT.
1. FILL THE COMPLETE DETAILS IN THE FORM ONLINE AND SUBMIT IT ONLINE. THE ADMISSION SOFTWARE WILL AUTOMATICALLY REJECT THE FORM IF FILLED FOR MORE THAN ONE BRANCH. APPLY ONLY FOR ONE BRANCH (PUSA ROAD / DHAULA KUAN).
2. AFTER FILLING THE FORM ONLINE TAKE A PRINTOUT OF THE FORM ALONG WITH THE RECEIPT ONLY ON WHITE A4 SIZE PAPERS. ATTACH PHOTO COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH THE PRINTED FORM. ALSO PASTE RECENT PHOTOGRAPHS OF BOTH PARENTS AND THE CHILD ON THE FORM.
3. KINDLY NOTE: THE POINTS CALCULATED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM SUBMITTED ONLINE ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION AND MAY BE CHANGED.
4. IF THE HARD COPY OF THE FORM DULY FILLED IS NOT SUBMITTED AT SPRINGDALES SCHOOL, DHAULA KUAN, THE ONLINE FORM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
KINDLY NOTE: FORMS FOR SPRINGDALES SCHOOL, PUSA ROAD AND SPRINGDALES SCHOOL, DHAULA KUAN ARE SEPARATE FOR ALL BRANCHES.
PARENTS SEEKING ADMISSION IN SPRINGDALES SCHOOL, DHAULA KUAN SHOULD DEPOSIT THE FORMS AT SPRINGDALES SCHOOL, DHAULA KUAN ONLY.
INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
REGISTRATION FEE OF RS. 25/- IS TO BE PAID ONLINE ONLY.
SUBMIT THE HARD COPY OF THE FORM ALONG WITH THE ATTACHEDONLINE PAYMENT RECEIPT IN THE DROP BOX PLACED AT GATE NUMBER 2 WITH THE GUARD AND COLLECT THE DULY STAMPED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.
DATES FOR ADMISSION PROCEDURE AS PER DOE CIRCULAR NO. F. DE. 15(172)/PSB/2016/654-664 DATED 09.02.2021
|UPLOADING THE CRITERIA
||17TH FEBRUARY 2021 (WEDNESDAY)
|COMMENCEMENT OF ADMISSION AND AVAILABILITY OF ONLINE FORMS
||18TH FEBRUARY 2021 (THURSDAY)
8:30 AM ONWARDS TO
4TH MARCH 2021 (THURSDAY)
|ACCEPTANCE OF DULY FILLED FORM
||19TH FEBRUARY 2021 (FRIDAY) TO
4TH MARCH 2021 (THURSDAY)
TIME: 8:30 AM TO 11:30 AM
|NOTE: SUBMIT THE HARD COPY OF THE FORM ALONG WITH THE ATTACHED ONLINE PAYMENT RECEIPT IN THE DROP BOX PLACED AT GATE NO. 2 WITH THE GUARD FROM 19TH FEBRUARY 2021 (FRIDAY) TO 4 TH MARCH 2021 (THURSDAY)ON ALL WORKING DAYS EXCEPT SUNDAYS AND GAZETTED HOLIDAYS BETWEEN 8:30 A.M. TO 11:30 A.M.
|NOTIFICATION OF FIRST LIST OF SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES
+ WAITING LIST
|20TH MARCH, 2021 (SATURDAY)
|LAST DATE FOR ACCEPTANCE OF FEES FROM THE FIRST LIST
||DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITH THE DECLARATION OF THE FIRST LIST.
|NOTIFICATION OF SECOND LIST (IF ANY)
||25TH MARCH, 2021 (THURSDAY)
|LAST DATE FOR ACCEPTANCE OF FEES FROM SECOND LIST
||DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED WITH THE DECLARATION OF THE SECOND LIST.
||31TH MARCH 2021 (WEDNESDAY)
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE ENCLOSED WITH THE FILLED UP FORMS ARE HEREUNDER:
1. COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF THE CHILD
2. PROOF OF RESIDENCE (ANY ONE)
- DOMICILE CERTIFICATE OF CHILD OR HIS/HER PARENTS
- VOTER I-CARD (EPIC)OF ANY ONE OF THE PARENTS
- ELECTRICITY BILL / MTNL TELEPHONE BILL / WATER BILL IN THE NAME OF PARENT
- PASSPORT IN THE NAME OF ANY ONE OF THE PARENT OR CHILD
- AADHAAR CARD / UID CARD ISSUED IN THE NAME OF ANY ONE OF THE PARENTS
- RATION CARD / SMART CARD ISSUED IN THE NAME OF PARENTS (MOTHER / FATHER HAVING NAME OF THE CHILD)
3. PROOF OF SIBLING
- COPY OF FEE BILL OF SIBLING
- COPY OF REPORT CARD
4. PROOF OF ALUMNI
- COPY OF CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
- OSA MEMBERSHIP CARD
- COPY OF SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR TOTAL NUMBERS OF YEARS SPENT AT SPRINGDALES
5. CHILDREN OF STAFF
- DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
- BRANCH IN WHICH SERVED
- DATE OF EMPLOYMENT
- YEARS OF SERVICE
|PLEASE NOTE: IF INFORMATION IS FOUND TO BE FALSE THE SCHOOL AUTHORITIES HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE ADMISSION IF GIVEN.